ROBERT STEWART

I first met Robert back in the spring of 1999. I had attended several bi-nature support groups with Barry and Sherry who co-facilitated at the First E building in the fall of 1998. Both were UU followers who strongly encouraged me to attend a Sunday Celebration of Life. I was a member of an LGBT affirming Christian Church and while l was curious, l had mixed feelings about attending a non-Christian church.

Upon entering the building, guess who was the first to greet me?

Robert. Then later Betsy Henderson and Cindy Lou Who greeted me with that wholesome handshake.

Robert facilitated countless COL's, sent e-blasts for last-minute announcements; tirelessly sent "First Existentialist This Sunday" and " First Existentialist This Past Sunday", EVERY WEEK without skipping a beat.

I felt at home hearing that smooth, calming Southern drawl from his mid-Alabama roots. Robert came from a Baptist upbringing, was a left-leaning Republican (not many of those around) who had a BIG heart filled with compassion.

That joyous smile. I can see his glorious smile from all those memories smiling down at me and those who know him,

..."it's going to be okay".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muscogee Summit

A Democrat sides with Republicans on this Topic

The dire health consequences of the recent Roe decision